3 Year Old Activity Program and Enrolment Information
Seabrook Kindergarten runs a fully supervised 3 year old activity group program for children aged three plus. The cut off date for this program is the last day of April. This means your child must have turned three or be turning three by the 30 April on the year they wish to commence. Your child cannot begin until they are three years of age. The program is not run for profit and therefore not a source of income for the centre. We charge termly fees in advance (payment in full for the year attracts a discount).
The program we offer is generally an introduction to four year old kindergarten. It is a play based program and evolves from children’s individual and group interests as well as intentional teaching activities. The experiences are open ended to allow the children the opportunity to engage at their own developmental level.
We have permanent play spaces (painting, drawing, clay or play dough, puzzles, library, block construction and a dramatic play area). The children are involved in establishing and maintaining class rules and routines while our group times include discussions, Tai Chi, music and movement which allows children to gain confidence, coordination and express opinion and ideas.
Our outdoor program develops gross motor skills and allows children to challenge themselves as they explore.
Sessions and Fees for 2018
Our 3 Year Old Activity groups operate in school term-time
(4 terms per year) and the sessions are:
FROGS (2 x 3 hour sessions, 6 hours per week)
Monday,12noon-3pm & Wednesday, 8.30am–11.30am
$470.00 per term (CCR Rebate may apply)
TURTLES (2 x 3 hour sessions, 6 hours per week)
Monday, 8.30am-11.30am & Wednesday 12noon–3pm
$470.00 per term (CCR Rebate may apply)
– Maximum of 22 children per group with one Activity Leader and two assistants, providing a higher ratio being 1 educator to 8 children (National Regulations Requirements are 1:11)
– Fees and levies will be confirmed in the June/July of the year before your child starts.
– Maintenance Levy $50.00 per family per year (refundable if a parent attends a working bee/sausage sizzle or is elected on the committee and attends 3 committee meetings)
– First round letters of offer are mailed out to families on the waiting list early September of the year before your child starts
The Application Form is an APPLICATION FORM ONLY. You can submit the application form from the day the child being enrolled turns two. Once the completed application is received by the Kindergarten your child’s name will be placed on a register in order of receipt, places will be offered in this order and in accordance with our enrolment policy. If you are going to be offered a place you will be informed in approximately September of the year before the child will commence. Please Note: Unfortunately a child attending our three year-old program IS NOT guaranteed a place for four year old kindergarten as the four year groups are allocated by Hobsons Bay City Council.
A non-refundable application fee of $15.00 (cash only) is to be paid to secure your child’s place on the waiting list. This is common practice for most kindergartens and aims to cover the administration costs associated with enrolment and placement offers. It can be paid in cash or by cheque at the kinder office. A receipt will be issued when payment is received as proof of your payment and application.
To enrol you will need to:
1. Complete the Application Form accurately with $15 cash
2. Attach a copy of the child’s birth certificate
3. Attach a copy of a utility bill (less than 3 months old) confirming your current address
4. Four year old kindergarten application forms can be obtained from Hobson’s Bay City Council Tel: 9932 1000, or the Seabrook Kindergarten office. As with three year old kinder, enrolments for four year old kinder are taken from the child’s second birthday.
If after reading this information you have any further questions please contact the Kindergarten Operations Manager on 9395 3012.
3 year old activity group application form – click this link